Health Insurance Coverage
Now accepting these health insurance plans: Blue Cross, Optum, and UnitedHealthcare.
Our practice may be considered an out-of-network provider by other insurance companies. This means that the majority of clients who have health insurance are eligible to be reimbursed for a significant portion of their fees. Please check with your insurance provider to confirm coverage.
Rates for Psychiatric Services
- Initial Psychiatric Evaluation 60-90 min $275
- Follow up psychotherapy visit with or without medication management: 50 min $150
- Follow up medication management visit 30 min $125
- No-show fee without cancelling within 24 hours $75
To determine if you will be reimbursed for services by your insurance provider, the first thing you should do is call them. Check your coverage carefully and make sure you understand their answers. Determining if you will be reimbursed is your responsibility, prior to beginning treatment. Keep in mind that your records could be requested by the insurance company if you file a claim for reimbursement. Upon request, Equilibrium Mental Health will provide a receipt “superbill” for you to easily submit to your insurance company.
Questions to Ask Your Insurance Company
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- How much does my plan reimburse for an out-of-network provider? (What percentage of the fee will I be reimbursed?)
- Is approval required from my primary care physician? Is pre-authorization required?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session? Is there a limit to the amount of time allowed per session?
- Are there any restrictions regarding the type of therapy or the practitioner’s credentials?
- Are there any other restrictions I should know about, or any other questions I should be asking?
Forms of Payment
We accept the following forms of payment: Cash, Check, Debit Card, Visa, Mastercard, and HSA (Health Savings Account).
Appointment Cancellation Policy
To cancel your appointment, please notify us at least 24 hours in advance. If you do not attend your scheduled appointment and have not provided 24-hour advanced notice, you will be required to pay a $75 no-show fee.
We prefer to refill your medications at the time of your office visit. Please bring your medication list with you to each appointment. Please be sure to give us at least 72 hours notice on all refill requests. In-person visits are required for any controlled substance refills. In other cases, we request that you contact your pharmacy for medication refills. The pharmacy will fax a request to our office with all pertinent information.
Medical Records Release
A Release of Medical Records form must be signed in order to have your patient records sent to another health care provider. If you are requesting that your records be sent to another provider, please supply us with their name, address, and phone number.
Please contact us directly with any questions, comments, or scheduling inquiries you may have.